Nobody does science and nature like we do. How do we know? We’ve been doing it for more than a century!
When you invest in a Museum membership, you are investing in the Museum’s mission to inspire a thirst for discovery and a passion for the natural world. Museum membership provides free admission to the Museum and Sea Center all year long. Members enjoy special exhibit previews, discounts on events, festivals, lectures, camps, and more.
Click on the membership levels below to find the right fit for you.
($75 is tax-deductible)
Two named adults or one named adult and admission for a guest
- Free tickets to Gladwin Planetarium daytime shows (request tickets upon arrival)
- $50 discount on birthday parties at the Museum and Sea Center
- Free admission to exciting summer exhibitions
- Mail subscription to SBnature Journal, the Museum Member magazine
- Invitation to the annual Members’ Party
- Advance notice and special discounts to camps, classes, lectures, events, films and field trips for adults and children
- 10% discount in the Museum Store and Sea Center Store, 20% discount in stores on the Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday following Tribal Arts Fair & Marketplace
- Free admission to more than 330 museums and science centers worldwide
- Discounted admission to the Santa Barbara Wine + Food Festival™
- Opportunity to join the Kids' Club
($99 is tax-deductible)
All Member benefits plus:
Two named adults
- Free admission and membership benefits for children or grandchildren under 18 years of age
($120 is tax-deductible)
All Family benefits plus: One named caregiver/grandparent/guest. By choosing the guest option, the user must be accompanied by named individuals on card.
($87 is tax-deductible)
All Family benefits plus:
- Two additional guests per visit with presentation of your card
- Four guest passes
- Invitations to Maximus Art Gallery opening exhibit receptions (three to four per year)
- Free admission to our Cocktails with a Curator events
($217 is tax-deductible)
All Naturalist benefits plus:
- Two additional guest passes (total of six)
- Early registration for the Museum's Nature Adventures ™ camps at the Museum and Sea Center
- Free admission to the Museum’s annual Valentine’s Day event Romancing the Stars
- Free birthday party at the Museum or Sea Center
- Purchase 10 or more memberships at the Member and Family levels, and receive $10 off each membership. Call 805-682-4711 ext. 114 for more information.
($805 is tax deductible)
*Leadership Circles of Giving
All Explorer benefits plus:
- Invitations to exclusive events throughout the year, including the annual Leadership Circles Dinner, Leadership Circles Reception, and event with the President & CEO
- Customized, curator-led tour of the Museum’s collections and research departments for four to six people
- Invitation to field trips featuring unique natural history sites, regional museums and gardens
- Unlimited guests when accompanied by you
- Eight free guest passes for entry into the Museum or Sea Center
- Recognition on the Museum’s electronic donor screen located at the Museum entrance and in the Leadership Circles Dinner program
- 20% discount at the Museum and Sea Center Stores in December
- All the benefits of Museum membership
Interested in higher levels of giving?
Join the Leadership Circles and play a critical role in sustaining the Museum. For information on giving at the $1,000 level or above, explore the Leadership Circles of Giving or contact Diane Devine at 805-682-4711, ext. 124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about membership? Call: Leana Orsua at 805-682-4711 ext. 114 or email@example.com.
* Benefits subject to change.
** The Museum and Sea Center are closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. The Museum is also closed on the last Saturday of June for the annual Santa Barbara Wine + Food Festival, and Museum Members receive a discount on tickets.
Looking for a deeper connection with the Museum?
Become a member of the Leadership Circles of Giving—a community of supporters committed to exploration, discovery, and education. The deeper your engagement, the more central you are to the Museum’s core values and strengths—and the greater your impact on the issues you care most about.