Nobody does science and nature like we do. How do we know? We’ve been doing it for more than a century!
When you invest in a Museum membership, you are investing in the Museum’s mission to inspire a thirst for discovery and a passion for the natural world. Museum membership provides free admission to the Museum and Sea Center all year long. Members enjoy special exhibit previews, discounts on events, festivals, lectures, camps, and more.
Click on the membership levels below to find the right fit for you.
($75 is tax-deductible)
Free admission to Museum and Sea Center for two named adults or one named adult and admission for a guest
- Discounts in our Museum and Sea Center Stores
- Discounts to our camps, classes, and special events
- Free or reduced admission privileges to more than 330 museums and science centers worldwide
($99 is tax-deductible)
All Member Level benefits as well as:
Free admission to Museum and Sea Center for children or grandchildren under 18 years of age
($120 is tax-deductible)
All Family Level benefits as well as:
Free admission to the Museum and Sea Center for one named caregiver/grandparent/guest. By choosing the guest option, the user must be accompanied by named individuals on card.
($87 is tax-deductible)
All Family Plus Level benefits as well as:
Free admission to the Museum and Sea Center for two additional guests per visit with presentation of your card
- Four guest passes
- Invitations to Maximus Art Gallery opening exhibit receptions (three to four per year when gatherings are safely permitted)
- Free admission to our Cocktails with a Curator events
($217 is tax-deductible)
All Naturalist Level benefits as well as:
- Two additional guest passes
- Early registration for Nature Adventures™ camps at the Museum and Sea Center
- Free admission to the Museum’s annual Valentine’s Day event, Romancing the Stars
- Purchase 10 or more memberships at the Member and Family Levels, and receive $10 off each membership. Call 805-682-4711 ext. 114 for more information.
All Explorer Level benefits as well as:
- Invitations to exclusive events throughout the year, including the annual Leadership Circles Dinner, Leadership Circles Reception, and event with the President & CEO
- Customized, curator-led tour of the Museum’s collections and research departments for four to six people
- Invitation to field trips featuring unique natural history sites, regional museums and gardens
- Unlimited guests when accompanied by you
- Eight guest passes for entry into the Museum or Sea Center
- Recognition on the Museum’s electronic donor screen located at the Museum entrance and in the Leadership Circles Dinner program
- 20% discount at the Museum and Sea Center Stores in December
For information on giving at the $1,000 level or above, explore the Leadership Circles of Giving
❯ Patron's Circle ($1,000-2,499)
❯ Director’s Circle ($2,500-4,999)
❯ President's Circle ($5,000-9,999)
❯ Collector's Circle ($10,000-24,999)
❯ Chairman's Circle ($25,000 and above)
Digital Membership Cards
As part of our commitment to sustainable practices, the Museum is thrilled to launch a faster and greener way to deliver membership benefits to our Members.
In March 2020, Members will have the opportunity to access their membership cards electronically. Digital membership cards will provide a more efficient and convenient way for Members to receive their cards, even getting their card the same day if they want!
This environmentally-friendly approach supports the Museum's vision to connect people to nature for the betterment of both by reducing our environmental footprint. In the first year, this change will eliminate thousands of paper letters and envelopes and plastic cards.
Questions About Membership?
Contact our membership department at 805-682-4711 ext. 114 or email@example.com
* Benefits subject to change.
** The Museum and Sea Center are closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. The Museum is also closed on the last Saturday of June for the annual Santa Barbara Wine + Food Festival.