Do you have a passion for learning, science, and nature? Would you like to share your enthusiasm with child and adult visitors at the Museum? Are you looking for lifelong learning opportunities and a way to make new friends?
Museum docents are a vital part of our community, as they help lead school programs, adult tours, and interact with visitors in the exhibit halls. Becoming a docent requires no prior experience, and we offer in-depth training and all of the support and flexibility docents need to succeed.
- Receive special in-depth training from Museum curators and professionals on a variety of topics from astronomy to zoology
- Gain new knowledge and skills, no experience necessary
- Participate in fun social events, make new friends, and become part of the Museum community
- Receive free passes to the Museum and Sea Center
- Flexible scheduling
- No cost to participate
How do I become a Docent?
- Attend the Docent Open House on September 9, 2019, at 9:30 AM in the Museum’s Farrand Auditorium.
- Commit to Docent training classes running Mondays 9:30-11:00 AM. Classes start September 16, 2019 and run through late January 2020.
- After training is completed, lead docent tours one weekday morning per week from 9:30 AM-Noon.
For more information, call 805-682-4711 ext. 168.