Located on Stearns Wharf at the end of State Street, the Sea Center is owned and operated by the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History and offers numerous marine exhibits and aquaria and a window on the Santa Barbara Channel.
211 Stearns Wharf
Santa Barbara, California 93101
SEA CENTER HOURS
The Sea Center is open daily between 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The Sea Center is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve (at Noon), Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
SEA CENTER ADMISSION
- Adults: $8
- Seniors (65 and over): $7
- Teens (13-17 years): $7
- Children (2-12 years): $5
- Children under 2 years FREE
- Museum Members FREE
TRAVEL TIP: Get the SB Nature Pass and enjoy unlimited admission to both the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History and Sea Center for two days for one low price. Ask you Sea Center Admissions Representative for more information.
HOW TO GET TO THE SEA CENTER
DIRECTIONS FROM THE SEA CENTER TO THE MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY
- From the North: Take U.S. Hwy 101 south to the Garden Street exit. Turn right (towards the ocean) at the offramp stop light.
- From the South: Take U.S. Hwy 101 north to the Garden Street exit. Turn left (towards the ocean) at the offramp stop light.
- After exiting the freeway, proceed on Garden Street to Cabrillo Blvd.
- Turn right onto Cabrillo Blvd.
- Turn left onto Stearns Wharf at the intersection of Cabrillo Blvd. and State Street.
- Drive onto the pier, and the Sea Center is to your left as you drive onto Stearns Wharf. Public parking on Stearns Wharf is free for the first 90 minutes with ticket validation by a wharf merchant.
- TRAVEL TIP: The Sea Center is about 10 minutes away from the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History. While at the Sea Center, get the SB Nature Pass and enjoy unnlimited admission to both venues for two days for one low price.
- Upon exiting Stearns Wharf, make a right onto Cabrillo Blvd.
- Turn left onto Garden Street.
- Continue on Garden Street for about two miles going uptown.
- Turn right on Los Olivos and continue past The Old Mission which will be on your left.
- Continue on Los Olivos and stay to the left at the "Y" beyond The Old Mission. You will cross a stone bridge . . . you are nearly there!
- Turn left on Las Encinas and then left again on Puesta del Sol. Proceed to the first parking lot driveway and turn right. Parking is free.