Join a select group of teens unlike any other.
Get ready to discover and transform the way you see our planet.
Take a three year journey down unexpected paths.
Experience science and nature in new and exciting ways
Forge bonds that will last a lifetime.
Quasars to Sea Stars is a unique chance for Santa Barbara teens who are inspired to plunge into nature, science, exploration, education, and fun at the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History and Sea Center
This three-year work-study-volunteer commitment is for those who are...
...passionate about the natural world
...want to dive deep into science
...want to explore our planet and become impactful members of the community.
If ANY of the above statements sound like you…APPLY TODAY!
OVER 3 YEARS, YOU WILL:
- Take museum and science classes
- Hike, camp, snorkel, kayak, boat, travel
- Become paid employees
- Work with reputable scientists
- Teach others and give public presentations
- Explore careers related to science, nature, and museums
- Earn community service hours
- Volunteer at events in the community and at the museum
- Have the time of your life and forge bonds with other teens in the community
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- School Year = 20 hours per month
- Summer = 25 hours per week
- Must be a current high school freshman, or equivalent in age, to apply.
- Reliable, committed, and motivated to learn.
2016-2017 PROGRAM DATES:
- Application Deadline for new Quasars: April 3, 11:45 pm
- Interviews for new Quasars: April 15
- Program Orientation: June 19-24
- Summer Dates: June 19-August 12
- School Year Dates: mid September-end of May
- Breaks: 1 month during the start of school, 2 weeks in winter, 1 1/2 weeks in June
Teen Programs Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-682-4711 ext. 172