Successful Field Trips...The Teacher is the Key!
Top 5 Reasons to read the Field Trip Planning Guide before coming to the Museum:
- Students focus on observation (seeing and thinking) versus the novelty of the situation.
- Students don’t have to worry about important stuff like restrooms, shopping, and eating.
- Students who understand the purpose of their visit are more likely to stay focused.
- Students who have an objective are more likely to become engrossed in an exhibit and spend time in true observation.
- Students who get involved in the planning of the visit are more likely to behave appropriately.
Download PDF forms: