Astronomy Program Presenter - Part Time
Part-time approximately 6 hours/week
(Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 2:00-4:00 PM).
The Astronomy Programs Presenter is responsible for leading public Planetarium and Observatory presentations on (a) select weekend day(s) and on other assigned substitution days. The role may also assist the Astronomy Programs Manager with school planetarium presentations and overall department logistics as needed.
- Gives public planetarium presentations at specific times on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2:00 pm to 4:00 PM.
- Give public observatory presentations on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2:00 pm to 4:00 PM whenever these presentations are scheduled.
- Learn and co-facilitate astronomy based school programs (select weekdays as needed).
- Performs maintenance on Planetarium equipment (as assigned) and physical environment.
- Performs maintenance on Observatory (as assigned).
- Supervises Planetarium volunteers when needed.
- Substitutes for Planetarium volunteers or other staff.
- Assists with Astronomy Department special events.
- Frequent work in Museum’s Gladwin Planetarium and Palmer Observatory.
- Weekend work (Saturdays)
- Significant sitting, standing, walking
- Occasional lifting of moderate loads (25 lbs.)
- 20/20 corrected eyesight
- Significant computer work